By Sarah Ingerson
Over the summer, my geeky coworkers kept saying how much they loved Batman: Under the Red Hood. Since I happened to see it while browsing the Sci-fi section of Netflix, I thought I’d give it a try, especially when I realized Jensen Ackles voiced the Red Hood. And I love me some Jensen Ackles even though Supernatural isn’t very good this year…Sadness. But, I have to say the sarcastic one liners were pretty awesome. As was Robin’s really awkward speedo. He wasn’t even wearing tights with it! Although I’m not sure why I think tights would have made it manlier. But anyways, before I get into a debate over the manliness of tights, I’d better start talking about the life lessons I gathered.
Life Lessons from Batman: Under the Red Hood:
- 1. Make a wire-tapping bug as noticeable as possible.Put a Batman symbol on it. Give it a blinking red light. Anything you want because apparently, crime bosses won’t notice.
- 2. Modern criminals aren’t very fashionable.According to the Joker, they’re more motorcycle fetish than flashy maitre d’ now.
- 3. Train stations can explode and still be functional.Apparently, tracks aren’t necessary.
- 4. Superheroes like short shorts.And heavy duty jock straps. Either that or they’re built like Ken dolls.
- 5. A villain’s makeup determines his evilness.If he only has eyeliner, he is a reformed villain. If he has full face makeup, he is hardcore evil. But either way, if he’s wearing makeup, he’s some sort of evil.