Hello again, my lovely friends.
For this week, I decided to watch…..Surrogates. Yes, that Bruce Willis film that everybody forgot about before it even came out. And yes, it was legitimately forgettable…..but, here it goes!
Life Lessons of Surrogates:
1. Need someone to confess? Just call Bruce Willis.
His smooth talking ways can make anyone confess anything, even top-secret, classified government secrets. All he has to do is ask.
2. Resist the urge to punch machines in the face.
Because it just makes them laugh. And who knows? Maybe it even tickles.
3. Even Surrogates love Starbucks.
That’s why they have to drink coffee when I’m not even sure they have stomachs.
4. Third-world countries are just political Debbie Downers.
Their lives can’t be that bad! Because apparently, they can still afford to buy expensive, complicated robots!
5. Sexual orientation is a little fuzzy when it comes to machines.
Because, sometimes, that hot, blonde girl robot might actually be controlled by a hairy, obese man. I’m just saying. Sometimes, you don’t get the gender you bargained for.
So, there you have it. Five very important life lessons from a very unimportant film.
Side note: I am officially now on Episode 13 of Fringe’s second season. I’m making progress!